Request a free SEO consultation.
Higher conversion; More phone or emails; Request quote; Higher turnover. Convident’s marketers are happy to take on the challenge!
A broken link is a web page that cannot be found or accessed by a user for various reasons. Web servers often throw an error when a user tries to access a broken link. In addition, broken links are often referred to as “dead links” or “link rock”. An example of this is the “404 page not found” that appears when something clearly went wrong when opening a page.
What are different reasons for a broken link?
There are several reasons why there can be a broken link, some reasons are:
- The owner of the website has entered the URL incorrectly (spelling errors, typos, …);
- The website is no longer available because it is offline or has been moved;
- Certain links to content such as videos, PDFs, photos, … have been moved or removed;
- Certain elements within the page no longer work, for example plug-ins;
- The URL structure of your website has changed, causing a “404 not found” error message to appear automatically;
- Certain security restrictions ensure that no one has external access.
Projects / Cases
We have recently been able to develop these projects in collaboration with our clients.
Al onze begrippen