Request a free SEO consultation.
Higher conversion; More phone or emails; Request quote; Higher turnover. Convident’s marketers are happy to take on the challenge!
SEO audit is conducting a study where you identify a website’s SEO performance.
What is an SEO audit?
An SEO audit helps you map out how things are going in terms of search engine optimization (SEO). Based on this audit, you can create an action list of areas where you can improve your website. An SEO audit also provides insight into priorities, because what should you address first? By performing a regular audit, you stay alert to your score within the search engines. After all, your score can change quickly as Google’s algorithm changes or the competition suddenly outperforms you.
There can be several reasons for conducting an audit. A first reason could be that you want to perform an audit because you are building a new website. But you can also conduct an audit because the website is getting a new design, the website is being moved to another domain or you want to find out why visitor numbers are declining.
To conduct an SEO audit properly, you need to understand the market and your target audience. In addition, you need to use SEO tools and programs to gather the information. The tools you can use for this include Google Analytics, Google Search Console and Ahrefs.
SEO audit components
A search engine optimization audit consists of a number of components, namely:
- On-page SEO analysis
- Off-page SEO analysis
- Website usability (UX)
- Technical analysis
Performing an audit
Would you like to perform an SEO audit of your website yourself? Then you can go through a number of steps. These steps are as follows:
- Check the accessibility of your website
- Make sure your pages appear in search engine results
- Make sure you don’t have duplicate URLs
- Test your website on different devices
- Make sure your website has an HTTPS certificate
- Make sure your website is secure
- Make sure your website is not blacklisted by email providers
- Check your noindex pages
- Go set up robots.txt, sitemap.xml and error message 404 page
- Make sure to check broken links and redirects
- Check your load time
- Go test the user navigation
- Check links
- Adjust your content so it is clear and easy to understand
- Go check the quality of your content
Prefer not to do your SEO audit yourself? Then ask our SEO specialists!
Projects / Cases
We have recently been able to develop these projects in collaboration with our clients.
Al onze begrippen