Request a free SEO consultation.
Higher conversion; More phone or emails; Request quote; Higher turnover. Convident’s marketers are happy to take on the challenge!
SEO migration is moving your website to, for example, another platform. This is important for maintaining SEO value.
What is SEO migration?
SEO migration is moving your website or some pages of your website. The move can take place to another platform, but also to another domain, server, or CMS. SEO migration is important for preserving the SEO value and thus ensuring that you do not lose organic traffic. Due to the many changes that will take place, online visibility and SEO may change. You can also lose your position in the search results if the migration of a website goes wrong.
When is an SEO migration necessary?
- Merging domains;
- Changing a domain name or brand name;
- Launching a new website or platform;
- Taking over a domain name.
Types of SEO migration
Depending on the changes you make with a move, there are different types of migrations.
- Platform change: The website is moved from one platform to another;
- Location change: You move the website to another URL;
- Structural change: These are changes that are caused by classifications of the website;
- Content change: You apply major changes to the content of your website;
- Design change: This means that you are going to redesign the website.
Pitfalls of SEO migration
Moving a website is not without some danger. When this goes wrong, you can lose a lot of organic traffic. The pitfalls that you may encounter when moving are:
- Poor strategy;
- Lack of resources or budget;
- Poor planning;
- No knowledge of SEO;
- Lack of testing;
- Slow response to bugs;
Step -by-step plan
Before moving your website you can go through a number of steps, namely:
- Scope and planning: You discuss the objectives and associated risks as much as possible;
- Preparation: During the preparation you go through a number of activities, namely the evaluation of the wireframes, you check which pages have the highest priority and you prepare the technical SEO;
- Pre-launch testing: It is important to test well in advance, so that you can avoid as many problems as possible;
- Going live: Make sure you test the website properly when it goes live;
- Post-launch testing: Even after your website goes live, it is important to continue testing properly.
Projects / Cases
We have recently been able to develop these projects in collaboration with our clients.
Al onze begrippen